my cervicogenic headache

 So during this lockdown a new thing happened with me, during these days for most of the population and as a part of it, for me too, there is nothing to do at home  except using phone, sleep and yes of course eat, eat and eat! Undoubtedly most of us are doing the same thing (shame on us guys XD ).
So as of my story...
This lockdown has made me super lazy and damn addicted to a device that is the "Mobile phone". It's not like I wasn't lazy before or wasn't addicted to my phone before the  lockdown but yeah now I can have something to blame it on! :))
 So Yes, i always have my phone with me like, while eating, before sleeping , after I wake up, sometimes in washroom (don't take it in a wrong way) and almost everywhere. It's like a body part to me, LOL. 
 So the thing happened was, because of the excessive use of my phone i got an amazing thing, which i actually hated the most, it was a complimentary headache came with the usage of my phone. (It was like a free offer which I wasn't aware off)
Also  the biggest reason of hating the headache is that i am a frequent sufferer of migraine.
 So i was like this might be a normal headache or a  migraine attack, So i ignored it and took my prescribed  migraine pills everytime and i dooze off.
 But gradually I realized that the  medicines were not giving me any relief. I was not able to sleep properly and my headache continued for 3 days+ and it  frustrated me so much. 
I got a  little bit scared and i wanted to get rid of this headache which was not just a headache but a neck pain too. So as a normal human I googled it and got my self anxiety in return, as I found really terrible diagnosis of what could be the issue with me which scared me even more.
Then one fine day i got a call from my friend (like every normal day) or you can say an indication from God as I shared the issue with her, i  told her everything about the pain I was going through. 
Thankfully both of us are studying physiotherapy and fortunately she's my senior. 
So she asked me some questions took a little neurological assessment as much as she could do on the phone call,  after which she told me that because of  the excessive use of the phone and  getting into an abnormal posture while using the phone, i have given rise to the Cervicogenic Headache
So I'm sure most of you aren't aware as of what is a Cervicogenic Headache. 
Therefore, the answer to which is, A Cervicogenic Headache is a pain that arises from  the neck (Upper Cervical) , which is a referred pain radiating from the back of the neck in the upward direction to the head which aggravate the pain with every movement of the neck.
So my friend instructed me some isometric exercises and postural corrections that I had to  perform at home which would relieve my pain.
At first i didn't took the instructions  seriously but she being a stubborn one ,  she forced me to do that exercises and postural corrections everyday. 

Guys you won't believe it. It was like a magic trick. Eventually, I became super fine without taking a single pill just following the instructions, I finally  got rid off my Cervicogenic Headache. 
So guys you can also treat your Cervicogenic Headache by yourself just by following some postural corrections and exercises given below which will definitely help you treat it. So go for it and let me know the results.
 

1. So first of all you have to always sit in proper sitting position maintaining a proper posture while sitting.
2.Chin tucks (while supine lying or sitting position).
3. Scapula retractors ( in sitting position).
4. Wall push ups.
5. You have to massage C1,C2 with hands. If not specific, just massage the back of your head starting from the back of the ear  ( below the ear) towards the middle of your head from both the hands for respective sides.
6. You can use a towel while using chin tucks.
7.Do not use pillow while sleeping. 
8.Sleep on a flat surface.
9. You can use ice pack (cold compression) to get rid of the pain.

So these are some important points that worked for me and will work for you too if done correctly.
Guys do follow these exercises and correction techniques to get rid off your Neck pains and Cervicogenic Headache. 

I would love to hear from you about how helpful was the above blog for you!

Comments

  1. Nice bhai keep up the good work aise hi ache post likhte hain aur bhabhi ji ka khayal rakhein between this was really unexpected bhai bahut acha likha hai ek dum 🔥🔥🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really informative. Good job, well written. You should do this more often. 🌼

    ReplyDelete
  3. its really informative...good awareness for people good job😁👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely written. Content is really
    good and helpful. Congratulations. 💐

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good content my dear friend .keep it up, congrats for ur frst blog..👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Informative content you've posted. I'm having same issues. Shall try suggested postures from ur Dr. Gf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Break a leg!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Threads app instagram : Everything about threads app

Trading for Beginners in India: Your Path to Financial Freedom